The John Pahl Historical Village
The Historical Village consists of several historical buildings that have been moved to the fairgrounds. We maintain the buildings and have them open to the public during the Allegan County Fair, and during the Allegan County Fiber Fest. Please call the museum to find out the dates. We have special demonstrations during fair week every year. Volunteers are in all the buildings giving tours during fair hours.
Keep checking this website for new information as we are hoping to have some special tours and events outside of fair week in the coming year.
Within the Historical Village we have the following:
- An 1840’s house
- Old time Doctor’s office
- Log Cabin
- Blacksmith Shop
- Print Shop
- Town Hall
- Cook Oil Gasoline Station
- Caboose and Train Depot Building
- A Fire Barn with a 1929 REO Fire Truck
- Two barns full of antique farming equipment and other artifacts
The church at the historical village is available for weddings by reservation during the spring and summer for a modest fee. Call the museum at (269) 673-8292 for further information.
Private tours can be arranged by reservation by calling the above number.